my pad is committed to providing an environment free from discrimination, bullying, harassment or victimisation, where all residents and staff are treated with respect and dignity. We strive to create a productive, harmonious environment that is both representative of and responsive to different cultures and groups. We believe we have a responsibility as a company to embrace diversity, challenge unfair practices, and oppose all forms of discrimination.
We intend to promote equality and prevent discrimination through our roles as:
- An Accommodation Service provider;
- An employer; and
- A community and/or business partner.
We will follow best practice in all equality areas and work to:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination;
- promote equality of opportunity;
- eliminate bullying and harassment;
- promote good relations between different groups;
- celebrate what we have in common and capitalise on our diversity; and
- recognise and take account of people’s differences.
Characteristics protected by equality legislation are:
- gender reassignment
- marriage/civil partnership
- pregnancy/maternity leave
- religion or belief
- sexual orientation
However, we recognise that equality issues are complex and straddle more than just those equality strands protected by equalities legislation.
Life circumstances and opportunities also affect us, so we also take account of issues such as:
- Cultural and economic background
- Physical and social environment
This list is not exhaustive.